I subscribed to The Mighty‘s Mighty Month Challenge (you can subscribe too here): November’s challenge is all about gratitude, which I love!
I want to be sure to be thankful each day for the positive people, animals, and things in my life, so I thought this would be a perfect challenge for me! I know it’s going to be tough to remember to do this daily, but I’m going to do my best—and if I don’t write them out, I want to be sure to still reflect.
Here is the email I received for this month explaining prompts for the week and providing the explaining article.
Let me know what you’re grateful for in comments below!
MY MIGHTY MONTH
It’s November! That means time for a new My Mighty Month challenge. For those joining us from the U.S., this month’s challenge comes just in time for Thanksgiving.
This month, we’re asking you to spend 30 days practicing gratitude.
As part of the challenge, you should write down at least three things per day that you are grateful for. You can dedicate a notebook to your thoughts or simply jot down your answers in your phone’s notetaking app. If you are having a hard time coming up with ideas, we’ll be sending out guided prompts every week to help you along.
Here are this week’s prompts:
- November 1: Select three things that happened in October that you are grateful for.
- November 2: Name three people who have improved your life in a meaningful way.
- November 3: Pick three experiences you’ve had over the past year that you are grateful for.
- November 4: Choose one loved one you are thankful for and list three reasons why.
- November 5: What are three things you are grateful for today?
- November 6: What are some ways you’ve grown from this time last year?
To learn more about the science behind this month’s challenge, read our explainer. And, as always, you can join us on Facebook at My Mighty Month, and don’t forget to tag any social media posts with #MyMightyMonth.
Jordan, News Editor at The Mighty
Every year at the beginning of Thanksgiving dinner, my mother makes everyone in attendance say what they are thankful…